Wake Pediatric Dentistry provides comprehensive dental care for general preventative needs for your children. Our goal is to help kids maintain their oral health and educate them on the importance of good oral hygiene. Wake Pediatric Dentistry offers a few reasons why keeping a child’s appointments is so important.
What to expect at a 6-month appointment
- We discuss any changes, symptoms or concerns you have regarding your child’s oral health.
- Your child will receive a thorough cleaning of the teeth and gum line to help prevent bad breath, cavities, and gum disease.
- Our pediatric dental team will fully exam the teeth, gums and mouth in order to determine if there are any signs of disease.
- Some appointments may include x-rays. Dentist use x-rays to check for any unnoticeable oral problem such as impacted teeth, jawbone damage, or decay between teeth.
Why is it so important?
- We will discuss your child’s current oral health and dental history and risk of cavities or need for dental sealants or other preventive care.
- Your child will receive a new toothbrush, toothpaste and floss.
- We will evaluate your child’s risk for any possible dental disease such as gingivitis.
- Prevention of gum disease.
What are the benefits of maintaining your child’s dental health?
- We can help detect tooth decay, bite issues or the need for early intervention orthodontics.
- Your child’s teeth are meant to last a lifetime. Keeping regular visits will prolong the life of their teeth and avoid extensive and invasive procedures later.
Wake Pediatric Dentistry knows that routine dental care and preventative services will help your child maintain a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums. To schedule a checkup for your child, request an appointment online or call 919-719-1780.